Healthy Spinach & Prosciutto Lasagna Roll-Ups:
2 Tbs Butter
4 Tsp Whole Wheat Flour
1 1/4 Cup of Skim Milk
1/4 Tsp Salt
1/8 Tsp Pepper
Dash of Nutmeg
9 uncooked Lasagna Noodles
15 oz Part Skim Ricotta Cheese
10 oz Frozen Chopped Spinach1/2 Cup of Grated Parmesan
1/2 Cup of Shredded Parmesan
3 oz finely chopped Prosciutto
1 Large Egg
1/2 Tsp Salt
2 Cups Marinara Sauce
1 Cup Shredded MozzarellaPinch of Fresh Parsley Leaves
- Pre-Heat Oven to 450*
- For sauce: In medium pot, melt butter. Add the flours and whisk well for 2-3 minutes. Whisk in the milk. Increase heat to medium-high and whisk the sauce until it starts to simmer and thicken. Add in salt, pepper and nutmeg into the bechamel sauce.
- IN another medium bowl, mix the ricotta, spinach (thawed and drained of water), both Parmesan cheeses, prosciutto, egg, salt, and pepper until well blended.
- In a large pot, bring water to a boil to cook lasagna noodles. Cook thru but not too soft.
- Spray a non-stick stoneware with olive oil spray (I ALWAYS use my Pampered Chef Stoneware)!! =)
- After noodles are cooked, drain and place on flat surface so they do not stick together.
- Spread spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture on each noodle evenly (about 3 spoonfuls each).
- Pour the bechamel sauce on the bottom of the pan, roll each noodle up like a rolled fruit roll-up =)
- Place over sauce in pan. Spoon 1 1/2 Cups of marinara sauce over rolled noddles.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese to cover completely. Add more of the shredded Parmesan cheese on top. Place a few fresh parsley leaves to garnish.
- Cover tight with foil and cook on 450* for 20 minutes. Uncover and cook for 15 minutes more or until cheese on top turns golden. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve!!
- Heat additional marinara sauce to top over rolls during dinner.
- These turned out SO good & juicy! I baked a french bread and made a nice Italian dipping sauce with olive oil, herbs and balsamic vinaigrette! This is one of my favorites!! ENJOY!!!