Healthy Oven-Baked Cheese Sticks:
10 Low-Fat, Part Skim Cheese Sticks cut in half
2 Tbs Flour
5 Tbs Italian Breadcrumbs
5 Tbs Panko Breadcrumbs1 Tsp Parmesan Cheese
1 Tsp Dried Parsley
Olive Oil Spray
- Pre-Heat Oven to 400*
- After cutting the cheese in half place in the freezer for 30 minutes and freeze the cheese sticks. This process helps so they do not melt when baked!
- In 3 small bowls place beaten eggs in one, flour in another, and the breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, and dried parsley in the other.
- After 30 minutes, remove cheese sticks from oven and start dipping them in the bowls.
- First dip in the egg, them roll in the flour, back into the egg, and them toss in the breadcrumb mixture. Place on aluminum foil or non-stick stoneware (I ALWAYS use my Pampered Chef Pizza Stoneware)!! =)
- Repeat this process for as many cheese sticks you want to make!
- VERY IMPORTANT STEP: AFTER you bread the cheese sticks place them BACK INTO THE FREEZER for 20-30 more minutes. You MUST not skip this step or you will have an oven of melted cheese!! =)
- Once ready to bake. Cook for 5-6 minutes, turn and bake for 5-6 minutes longer or until slightly brown and crispy looking. Make sure to watch them so they do not start to bulge out!
- These turned out SO good & juicy! I made HEALTHY Ranch Dressing (which is super easy to make) Just 1 Hidden Valley Ranch season packet, 2 Cups of Fat-Free Greek Yogurt, and 1 Tbs of Dijon Mustard. This is one of my favorites!! ENJOY!!!
- ONLY 40 CALORIES EACH!!! =)